[K12OSN] Lost electricity / Lost SMBLDAP

David Knight krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 19:18:23 UTC 2006

This has happened to me a few times.

The following email from David Trask helped me a lot.
I found that I couldn't restore from ldif.gz files, but if I extracted them
first it worked.

Hope this helps.

Krsnendu

>>David Trask wrote<<

If you can ssh in, then you can fix ldap.  If you have a relatively recent
version of smbldap-installer installed then you can find your backups here
at   /var/smbldap-backups    Look for the most recent date

To fix the corrupt ldap:

service ldap stop   (just to be sure)

cd /var/lib/ldap

rm -Rf *    (clean that sucker out)

slapadd -l /var/smbldap-backups/latest-file.ldif

(wait for a few secs and hold your breath)

Once it's done....

cd /var/lib/ldap

chown -R ldap:ldap *

then start 'er up!

service ldap start

and if I were you...also restart smb and nscd (if you use it)

Now beyond that, you may have other issues, but that's the start....keep
us posted

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School