Rép. : [K12OSN] Netware authentication and PAM

Guy-Michel Lessard GLessard at cegepoutaouais.qc.ca
Wed Nov 15 15:36:08 UTC 2006

Have you seen these wiki themes?
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/InterOperability

As for recompiling, i only did it at the once, i use rpm modules for the job now. My last installment still used a old copy of ncpfs and ncputils on K12ltsp v4.4.1 (fedora 4 i beleive). If you want to try these rpm with Fedora 5, contact me offline and i will upload them to you.

Guy Lessard
Professeur CÉGEP de l'Outaouais
Québec, Canada

>>> <bjohnson1102 at mchsi.com> 2006-11-15 10:26:01 >>>

Greetings Everyone,

I haven't posted for quite some time, but I still follow the list with regularity.  On to my problem.  In my new school system, we use Netware 6 for authentication, home folders, etc.  I would like to be able to take LTSP and authenticate to the netware servers, following using the information from the following article:

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/appnote/6019.html

I have successfully been able to do this using Ubuntu with a standalone installation of LTSP.  I would prefer to use K12LTSP built on Fedora, as I believe it to be more fully featured.  For the life of me, I cannot get ncpfs to compile on Fedora.  I've used gcc4x, gcc34, gcc32.  It will compile fine on Ubuntu using either gcc 34 or gcc32.  Any tips or ideas on what is happening?  I apologize in advance if this email comes through as HTML, I'm using the web interface of my home email client.

Regards,

Brad