[K12OSN] mondoarchive in K12LTSP 4.4.1

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at netvision.net.il
Wed Nov 15 16:24:20 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 00:16, Tim Born wrote:
> Tim Born wrote:
> > Eric Harrison wrote:

> >> This may be the same issue that can cause install disk verifies to fail
> >> (falsely).
> >>
> >> Try appending "ide=nodma" to the boot options when booting the
> >> restore cd.
> >>
> >> -Eric
> >
> > Tried that option last night with no success.  Didn't seem to make any
> > difference.
> >
> > Found an error /var/log/mindi.log that must have been created during
> >
> > the backup:
> >> Warning - /lib/liblvm does not exist; cannot be LDD'd.
> >> This warning only affects you if you are using LVM.
> >
> > That concerns me since we ARE using LVM.
> >
> > Installed latest FC4 RPMs for mondo & mindi to see if they work any
> > better.
> > Backing up still in progress.  I will let you know. At this point
> > mondo I see that mondo-2.2.0-2 seems to know about IDE CDROMs, which
> > is new.
> >
> > -tim
>
> Updated mondo on my server to see if the newer version would make a backup:
>
> wget ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/4/mindi-1.2.0-2.fc4.i386.rpm
> wget ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/4/mindi-busybox-1.2.1-2.fc4.i386.rpm
> wget ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/4/mondo-2.2.0-2.fc4.i386.rpm
>
> rpm -Uhv --force *.rpm
>
> Needed to force it since these RPMs are tied to k12ltsp-utils and I
> didn't want to uninstall it.
> Also, the version number used in K12LTSP doesn't appear to be the same
> versioning scheme used by the developers,
> so RPM thought that mindi-1.10-1.k12ltsp.0.4.1 was newer than
> mindi-1.2.0-2.fc4.
> As far as I can tell there was no mindi-1.10.*
>
> Backup worked perfectly and verified just fine.
> Can't prove it, but I believe the version of mondo that is in k12ltsp
> 4.4.1 does not handle LVM properly, although this new version does.

just read your thread :-)

and i'd like to confirm that k12ltsp repositories have a buggy version and
maybe out dated too of mondo.

i had the same errors. and after getting the latest release from mondo org the
problems were solved.

i suggest updating the repos rpm with latest version from mondo org.