[K12OSN] OT: In house youtube type thing?

Eric Brown ericbrow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 16:59:48 UTC 2006

Funny you should ask at this time.  I had considered doing something
similar very recently.  In the end, I decided to let YouTube consume
the bandwidth since they're set up for it.  I created an account in
YouTube, and then I post links to our videos on a personal site,
rather than having someone remember the links.  Our network here is
not what it should, and I didn't want to turn users off waiting for
content to be delivered.

I'm not sure if it works for video, but I use a FOSS program at home
to share music with my children called netjuke, which can be found at
sourceforge.  It works great for audio files.

If you're curious, you're welcome to check out links to our videos at
http://www.keokukhigh.net.  My students put a lot of work into the
videos.

Good luck,
Eric