[K12OSN] dhcpd problems

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Nov 16 15:41:27 UTC 2006

>   If you have changed from the defaults, you will need to edit this
> file to match your configuration. Let us know how you've deviated
> from the defaults and we should be able to double-check that your
> config file is correct.

I think that posting your dhcp config files along with your ifcfg-ethx
network-scripts and a statement of which interface each network is connected
to would be plenty of information for someone to find out what is wrong here.

Not a bad idea to actually check MAC addresses to verify which card each
network segement is on.  I have had card detection flip flop on me before
after updates and really throw confusion into the mix.  I like to pop the case
cover, look at the MAC physically printed on the NIC, then compare it to the
actual ifcfg-ethx files to be certain I know which card was detected and what
IP it is assigned.  The best way in my opinion to know for sure.

If you do that you can be sure the person looking over your config files has
the best possible data to troubleshoot.

Jim