[K12OSN] K12LTSP 6.0.0 BETA6 (just about there!)

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Nov 20 20:45:41 UTC 2006

Jack Palmadesso wrote:
> Is anybody else having problems with the "boot.iso" cd image not
> burning correctly?  I've been unable to boot with it after making 2
> attempts.

Odds are pretty good that it is a problem with 1) defective CDRs, 2)
burned incorrectly, or 3) corrupt download.

1) I tend to buy the cheapest CDRs I can find when I'm using them for
test installs (I can make a lot of coasters). I probably run into this
issue more than most people do.

2) If I run into a problem such as a non-bootable image, I pop it back
into the drive and take a look at it. More than once my freshly burned
CDR will have "boot.iso" as the only file ;-)

3) The boot.iso in K12LTSP 6.0.0 is not modified, it is 100% identical
to the FC6 boot.iso. A quick search didn't turn up wide-spread reports
of such a problem with FC6.

Here are the checksums, if you want to verify that yours are not corrupt:

	32bit: 8da928a7f178c0d73acd4be62fbbbf73  boot.iso

	64bit: d46b845e52fc615aefde648479debba0  boot.iso

-Eric