[K12OSN] yum hangs after checking extras repo

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Nov 21 16:46:15 UTC 2006

I'm trying to install a package with yum, but when I run any yum command--e.g., yum list
available, yum install gconf-editor--after it reads the repo metadata for extras, saying
it added 5694 new packages, it just hangs.  I've tried it a few times, running 'yum
clean all' in between, but to no avail.  I think it's something on this particular box,
because running it on a different server it works just fine.  Suggestions?

Petre