[K12OSN] NX-nomachine-server

Paul Humphreys paul at vaz.co.uk
Thu Nov 23 21:05:15 UTC 2006

NX-nomachine-server.

I've downloaded the free RED HAT FEDORA RPM-nx-server from www.nomachine.com
and installed it, but without success --- because, on installation, the
RPM-nx-server says it first requires the dependencies of nx-client and
nx-node. But I can't find anywhere an RPM of nx-client or nx-node which is
recognised by nx-server.

Has anyone experience of installing NX-Server on LTSP Fedora who can spot
where I am going wrong?

(FYI --- Why NX-server? I am seeking to test the claim that NX is
significantly faster (than VNC) when making a remote connection to LTSP from
outside the LAN.)

With many thanks

Paul

Paul Humphreys (a newbie to this group in November 2006, from Oxford UK).