[K12OSN] DHCPD saga III

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 21:48:07 UTC 2006

On 11/27/06, ahodson at elp.rr.com <ahodson at elp.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> Hope you all had a nice rest and a wonderful Thanksgiving.
>
> I am still struggling with the DHCPD set up in a school's K12LTSP server.

> ----
> I created a symbolic link (vmlinuz.ltsp) in
> /tftpboot/lts/pxe/pxelinux.cfg, to /boot/vmlinux-2.6.17-1.2174_FC5smp,
> but nothing (good) happens.

That won't work, since the system kernel is outside the tftp
directory, and it probably isn't designed to use the server's
filesystem.

On my system, /tftpboot/lts/pxe/pxelinux.cfg is a directory, where all
the symbolic links point to /tftpboot/lts/pxe/pxelinux.cfg/default.
"default" is a text file, which says the kernel is "vmlinuz.ltsp".
The symbolic link /tftpboot/lts/pxe/vmlinuz.ltsp points to a "bzImage"
file in the same directory.

So, does this match your system's pxe files and links?

Calvin