[K12OSN] OT: Scripting Question

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Nov 30 15:12:41 UTC 2006

I hate to post another scripting question out here again, but you guys are so
darn good it would be a shame not to :-)

I have a folder full of files, I need a script that deletes any files in that
folder that are more than 30 days old.  Sort of an automatic pruning.  I will
start google'ing as well but thought I would throw this out here quick.  I
would think it would be something like take current date - 30 and then remove
any files with a date less than that result.  But I have no idea of what
syntax to use with dates, usually not as simple as basic math because if
variable length months.

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department