[K12OSN] yum problem

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Tue Oct 3 15:30:17 UTC 2006

Pat wrote:

> I tried the command modification and this is what happened.
> [root at localhost ~]# yum --enablerepo=atrpms -y install mplayer
>
> Error getting repository data for atrpms, repository not found
> [root at localhost ~]# yum --enablerepo=atrpms-stable -y install mplayer
>
> Error getting repository data for atrpms-stable, repository not found

Which is because you named the repository at-stable. See your entry:

> [at-stable]
> name=ATrpms for Fedora Core $releasever stable
> baseurl=http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.atrpms.net/fc
> $releasever$basearch/atrpms/stable
> enabled=0
> gpgkey=http://www.atrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms
> gpgcheck=1

The name between the brackets is the name you need to specify. You
could have used [atrpms] or [atrpms-stable] or anything you want as
long as you don't already use it as a name for another repository,
but since you've specified [at-stable] you need to use --
enablerepo=at-stable to enable the above repository.

Nils Breunese.