[K12OSN] NWEA + rdesktop issues again

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Oct 6 13:20:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 08:06:41 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote
> > Anyways. I used the tip Dave T. gave me about using another screen
> > so I could pump rdp sound through my terminals. I am connecting to Windows
> > Terminal Server for the NWEA test and need sound for the kindees and
> > first graders. It worked perfectly last time I tested it. However,
> > now when I change to the screen 2 I get the gray screen with the X
> > in the middle.

A little more memory is coming back now, I assume you are using FC5, that is
what I was using.  I think it was something with the SCREEN order.  I think my
fix was ultimately making SCREEN_01 the term server, and SCREEN_02 the RDP
server.  Something about X not firing in the right order or something...still
cloudy but maybe in another 10 minutes more will be there :-)

Anyhow, I know it is less than desirable but try and change the order.

I think it was that rdesktop might have been trying to connect right away, but
since it was on screen 2, X was being prepared for it fast enough.  The more I
think about it that doesn't make sense, but I think it was something with the
order, or at least that was my quick fix for demo purposes.

Good luck