[K12OSN] fc3 to fc5 update gdm prob

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Oct 23 19:49:52 UTC 2006

Hello List,

After doing an update from K12LTSP 4.20 to K12LTSP v5.0, and the server
rebooting after install was finished,i got " unable to
find /usr/share/gdm/themes/Default/Default.xml" dialog box. When i click
on this dialog box to get rid of it  I a do get a little bit scrambled
log in box. There is a bit of garbled text on the console login( I can
not type anything into the username/password box,for example. screen,and
the only way i can log in at the console is to select >Options,>in the
lower left corner of the login screen then i have the XDMCP
chooser( which shows all the severs in the server rack).I can log in
fine chooser the server that im trying to login to,from the XDMCP
chooser.
All the client boxes can log in fine. I'm not sure if there is a
gdm-setup.something that needs to be run,maybe?
Its not a big deal but i'm afraid there may be other underlying probs
with gdm,when people start to use it as soon as i enable it into the
mainstream again?
Ive googled all over but no cigar.

Thanks again,
Barry Cisna