[K12OSN] Printing to spesfic printers only

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Oct 4 15:10:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 10:49 -0400, Steven Santos wrote:
> Just thinking out loud here, but would it be possible assign a group based
> on the IP address, and then use the group to allow / disallow printing?

That's the preferred process. However, the thin client environment has
the print job coming from the IP address of the server hosting the boot
up and apps, not from the client itself.

Printing by user authentication is not an option either as roving
students would require restarting cups for each login operation.