[K12OSN] X locking up a server.

k12ltsp k12ltsp at hermon.net
Thu Oct 5 20:14:02 UTC 2006

"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>I have a wierd problem.
>
>I have a FC3 K12LTSP server that when booting, if you have it set to boot
>to runlevel 5 (graphical login) it gets to the point where it starts X
>and
>locks up the server. Hard lock.  You can't get different consoles and you
>can't shell in or anything.

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this helps, but I noticed that once we upgraded all of our
servers to kernel-smp-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5, X failed to launch on ALL of our
servers, even with different hardware. By falling back to
kernel-smp-2.6.17-1.2174_FC5, this resolved the issue. Perhaps you are
using the same kernel?