[K12OSN] local parallel printer

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Thu Oct 5 22:08:48 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 October 2006 16:38, Jim McQuillan wrote:
> On Thu, October 5, 2006 4:09 pm, Ray Garza wrote:
> > According to the LTSP Wiki pages, LTSP 4.2 does not support a parallel
> > port
> > printer on the client pc (due to a bug), is this still the case?
>
> Parallel printers work just fine.
>
> Which page says there's a problem?

Hello Jim,

I found here at:
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Printers

In the first section,

"Note that, until further notice, a bug exists under LTSP 4.2, that interferes
with the parallel interface. Under 4.2, the parallel interface will not work.
Fortuitously, many current day printers also support the USB interface.
Serial and USB interfaces are unaffected by this bug.

-- For a lot of people the simple act of add "PRINTER_0_WRITE_ONLY = Y" in
lts.conf solved the problem "

Hmm, I just now noticed the title of the page " Printers attached to LTSP
workstations".  Does that apply to any PC used as a client or just the thin
clients from Disklessworkstation.com?

--
Ray Garza
Coordinator of Computer Services