[K12OSN] NWEA + rdesktop issues again

Timothy Hart timothy.hart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:20:52 UTC 2006

It seems that rdesktop doesn't like me too much. Not sure what I ever did to
it.

Anyways. I used the tip Dave T. gave me about using another screen so I
could pump rdp sound through my terminals. I am connecting to Windows
Terminal Server for the NWEA test and need sound for the kindees and first
graders. It worked perfectly last time I tested it. However, now when I
change to the screen 2 I get the gray screen with the X in the middle. It is
like rdesktop won't load. It does in gnome and from the command line with
the same options chosen. Here is a snippet of lts.conf.

    SCREEN_01          = startx
    SCREEN_02 = "rdesktop -r sound:local 65.18.42.7"

       # local storage device (USB keys, cdrom, etc)
       LOCAL_STORAGE = Y
       LTSPFSD_OPTIONS=""

    # uncomment the following line to enable SNMP support
    #SNMPD = Y

        # enable sound by default
        SOUND              = Y
        # choose either esd or nasd to be the default (esd only on x86_64)
    # rdp is used for sound for Windows Termianl Service Sound
    SOUND_DAEMON = "rdp"

Anyone know what might be causing this not to work?

Tim