[K12OSN] NWEA + rdesktop issues again

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Oct 6 13:06:41 UTC 2006

> Anyways. I used the tip Dave T. gave me about using another screen
> so I could pump rdp sound through my terminals. I am connecting to Windows
> Terminal Server for the NWEA test and need sound for the kindees and
> first graders. It worked perfectly last time I tested it. However,
> now when I change to the screen 2 I get the gray screen with the X
> in the middle.

I wish my memory was better, but I had the same problem (worked the first few
times I accessed it and then a little later an X when I tried, rebooted and
problem was temporarily gone) last time I did a demo of how rdesktop could
work on another screen.  I think the fix was an extra switch in the rdesktop
command, but I can't remember for sure.  I'll bet if you restart your server
it will work for a short period of time again (quick fix).  If not, search
around for more switches to add to the command.