[K12OSN] Remote Accounts

David Ackerman david.ackerman at apnts.edu.ph
Fri Oct 6 14:29:33 UTC 2006

I am wondering
if there is a way that all user accounts on the K12LTSP can come from a
remote server?  It would be nice to have one centralized account
system.  Here is the setup I am envisioning (almost all complete
now):

Internet

External WAN

      DHCP/Proxy/Filter (ubuntu)

|Internal LANs -
- - - - -K12LTSP server - - - - Some LTSP clients

Internal LAN

     Email/LDAP/Web server (SME 7)

External WAN

Internet

I want the SME
server to be what keeps the accounts.  I want all accounts for LTSP
clients to come from the SME also.  That way, users only need to
change one password and administrator only needs to create one
account.  The SME server is easy to enable LDAP.  I think I can
configure the firewall in the DHCP server to allow the two vlans to
communicate.  So it is a matter of setting up the K12 server to allow
this to happen.

Is this possible
and how?

David