[K12OSN] NWEA + rdesktop issues again

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Fri Oct 6 15:32:02 UTC 2006

Tim-

When you run rdesktop from the gnome-session, it is the *Linux server*
that is connecting to the WTS.  When you run rdesktop as a screen on the
terminal, it is the *terminal* making the connection directly.

The terminal is just like any other computer in the sense that it has
its own IP address, is on its own subnet, etc.

So, when the terminal needs to connect to another subnet, it has to be
routed there by the server.  Here's how to enable this:

In dhcpd.conf:

option routers 192.168.0.254;

In /etc/sysctl.conf:

net/ipv4/ip_forward=1

Enable NAT from commandline (or this may be a service in K12LTSP):

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUEARADE -o eth1

(or service nat restart)

Make sure ip_forward is on:

Reboot the terminal.

Good luck,