[K12OSN] gnome-power-manager Error Message

Larry Mateo LarryM at fsusd.k12.ca.us
Wed Oct 11 23:33:50 UTC 2006

My environment:
Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
Kernel 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5smp
Gnome 2.14.2

The following error message has occurred a couple of times on our K12
system the past few days: "Error: The Application "gnome-power-manager"
has quit unexpectedly.  You can inform the developers of what happened
to help them fix it.  Or you can restart the application right now."  I
haven't traced exactly what is going on immediately prior to the message
being displayed.  When the message is displayed, it pops up on all the
computers that are logged in.  There is a button to "Restart
Application," which I select, but it takes up to a minute for the error
to clear.  All apps then work properly afterwards.

Anyone seen this before?  Anyway I can trace its cause?

Larry Mateo
Network Technician II
Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
larrym at fsusd.k12.ca.us