[K12OSN] Clients boot to logon but at correct username and passwd bounce back to logon

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 12 16:33:57 UTC 2006

Hello everyone.  I've come upon a wierd problem with my FC4 K12ltsp based
server.  The 30 computers running off of this server randomly fail to reach
the logon screen. Sometimes they finish with the grey screen and X cursor,
sometimes at reboot they make it to the logon screen.  When students try to
logon they get bounced back to the logon rather than get logged on to their
box.  Sometimes if they wait for 15 minutes or so the grey screen will
finally finish and get to logon but then maybe or maybe not successfully get
logged on.

This server has been working well for 4 weeks and this trouble has been
cropping up for a week or so and seems to be getting worse...

Ideas?

Thank,  Jim