[K12OSN] Evidence of progress....very cool

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Mon Oct 16 14:16:05 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Thought I'd share something with you.  As you know I have a K12LTSP
deployment here at school.  We've been doing this for a few years now and
have penetrated the regular classroom quite nicely with thin-clients.  I
have a few teachers who've opted not to have thin-clients due to space and
usage reasons.  This morning, one of those teachers surprised me.  I
arrived to find a floppy disk with a sticky note on it...asking if it
could be formatted so she could use it to access Linux on her desktop
computer in the classroom.  (in other words she wanted me to make an
Etherboot floppy for her)  Of course I did this in just a couple mins and
took it down to her classroom.  First, I thought it was cool how she even
knew to ask for an Etherboot disk....and second, that she wanted one.  The
kids prefer Linux, and now I'm seeing that some of the teachers do too.  I
have posted a scan of the "sticky note".....very cool   :-)   Remember,
when moving forward....every step counts.

http://www.vcsvikings.org/dowload/secret/sticky.jpg

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School