[K12OSN] Re: LTSP presentation to all Alberta Ed tech leaders conference

pogson robert.pogson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 03:17:58 UTC 2006

I think Kelowna switched to Linux in dire financial straits. The
Battlefords went with Sun Xserver/thin clients. My little independent
school started with Ubuntu+LTSP from the first day so we did not have to
displace that other OS which had been on 50 old machines in the previous
building. We have 96 thin clients deployed now and I am trying to get
the multi-seat X to work on 13 custom built machines. It's a start. I
can tell you, I meet people who run Linux at home in my classes when
only a few years ago I would find in the whole school no one who had
heard of Linux. It is happening.

 Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at rogers.com> wrote:

I haven't heard of a single big school board in Canada switching to a
Linux environment (be it LTSP, K12LTSP, Thinstation, etc.).  However,
when one of them finally does, the rest will quickly follow, or as
quickly as their budgets will allow.
Ranbir