[K12OSN] SATA drive for server with 25 users?

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Tue Oct 17 15:29:52 UTC 2006

We've used 10K Raptors in a RAID 1 for up to 35-40 users with no issues.
We used RAID 1 because of the redundancy and since most critical disk
activity is actually reads not writes (ie opening programs), the
performance difference is either negligible or favors having the data on
2 disks.

The large caches of the new drives (16mb are supposed to be killer) also
help.

regards,
William