[K12OSN] latop sometimes ldap/nfs

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 22:39:56 UTC 2006

Is there a way to have a laptop (fc5) do this:

  when pluged in to our network authenticate through the smbldap
server and mount the nfs /home  ***AND*** when not plugged in tho the
network, do unix auth and mount it's own home  on hda.

I set up fstab to have 2 homes with the first being the nfs.
unfourtunately I can't really test the unplugged part because of an
fc5 bug where the sytem hangs on "starting system message bus" if it
can't see the ldap server. (but this might already be fixed-- need to
update)  just wondering if anyone else does this and if this is the
prescribed method.

thanks!
Peter