[K12OSN] is it possible to use Windows DHCP server with LTSP?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 01:25:21 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've got my LTSP install authenticating against AD and automounting windows
shares on users desktops via pam_mount, now want to tackle controlling dhcp
so that I can hand out images to particular clients based on mac address.
Basically, I want to use our exisiting windows DHCP server to hand out
address to hosts that will then boot images via PXE from a a seperate LTSP
server.  This would save me having to have all my clients sitting behind the
same switch. Can anyone point me at a howto?

Thanks in advance!

John