[K12OSN] FC5 now legacy?

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Thu Oct 26 12:06:29 UTC 2006

> I can still update packages from the other repositories as long as I skip the
> broken "core" with the yum "--disablerepo=core" flag. I just hope they fix
> the problem soon.
The "problem" to which you refer is thousands of people hitting the
servers simultaneously.

It can be "fixed" by following the first link on the front page of
fedorasolved.org - using lesser-hit mirror lists will let you pick up
the proper mirrors.

-Michael

--

If this is my day of harvest, in what fields have I sowed the seed, and
in what unremembered seasons?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, and any attachments that may
accompany it, contain information that is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this message is not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or other use of this
communication or any of the information, which it contains is
unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the original sender by return mail and delete this
message, along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.