Rép. : Re: [K12OSN] FC5 now legacy?

Guy-Michel Lessard GLessard at cegepoutaouais.qc.ca
Thu Oct 26 12:16:25 UTC 2006

Ha ha! that explains my problem yesterday with updating V4.4.1.
My workaround was to move out the Fedora folders in ...repos.d and just keeping the K12ltsp ones.

Guy Lessard
Professeur CÉGEP de l'Outaouais
Québec, Canada

On Thursday 26 October 2006 08:06, Michael Blinn wrote:
> > I can still update packages from the other repositories as long as I skip
> > the broken "core" with the yum "--disablerepo=core" flag. I just hope
> > they fix the problem soon.
>
> The "problem" to which you refer is thousands of people hitting the
> servers simultaneously.
>
> It can be "fixed" by following the first link on the front page of
> fedorasolved.org - using lesser-hit mirror lists will let you pick up
> the proper mirrors.
>
> -Michael

Actually there is more to it than the sites being overwhelmed with traffic.
When attempting to download FC6 I didn't get a "timed out" message, I got a
"404" (not found) message. The mirrors work because their networks aren't
being re-arranged.

The same problem is being seen at the fedora legacy respositories (I have and
FC4 machine that uses it). I think that Fedora and RedHat are moving the
location of many websites.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |