[K12OSN] Creating a repository in a K12LTSP server

Mike Oliveri moliveri at rb60.com
Thu Oct 26 13:56:24 UTC 2006

Agreed. I would also add you can use Konqueror and the fish protocol:

fish://ipaddress

Think of it as a front end for scp/sftp. This way they can open a
browser and be in a familiar interface, and it will prompt them for
their user name and password. Again, all you need on the server is for
SSH to be running. You can use a split view in the window to get a
two-pane view similar to a typical FTP/SCP GUI.

Of course, this assumes you've got KDE. I've not had enough hands-on
with K12LTSP (yet) to know for a fact if this will work.

Take care,
Mike