[K12OSN] opening too many programs blanks screen K12LTSP

Larry Mateo LarryM at fsusd.k12.ca.us
Fri Oct 27 16:56:44 UTC 2006

I can't explain why your students' screens are going black. To avoid
such situations at our K12LTSP sites, rather than having students
double-click an icon to open its program, we train them to right-click
the icon, then select "Open" from the floating menu that appears.  It
will still take some seconds for the program to start, but the students
know their request has been sent and they are to wait rather than
retrying.

Larry Mateo
Network Technician II
Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
larrym at fsusd.k12.ca.us

>>> tkathan at charter.net 10/27/2006 9:21 AM >>>

something changed on my K12LTSP where if a student gets impatient
waiting for a program to open and double-clicks childsplay or tuxtype
too many times, the screen just turns black; you have a mouse that moves
around but nothing else but a black screen. This just recently happened.
Its a nightmare because the kids click way too many times and then it
crashes and the only way to fix it is to turn the thin client off and
turn it back on. Any ideas what happened?