[K12OSN] root-path or dhcp issue but only after 2nd client connection

marrandy marrandy at chaossolutions.org
Sat Oct 28 14:45:51 UTC 2006

Hello.

Burn't the latest iso's and installed.  Seems to work fine, first client boot
and I can login and browse the web etc.

When I shutdown the client and restart it, I get the  root-path or another
dhcp error.  Not matter how many times I reboot the client, this error
occurs.  I have removed the ethernet cable to the network (internet side) to
eliminate the dhcp issue  ie. ping yahoo.com  get responses remove cable, no
more pings etc.  but the root-path issue still occurs.

I have re-installed and the same thing happens.  It works on the first client
boot, but if I shutdown that client and restart it, it fails ????

I browsed google and changed the dhcpd.conf script but to no avail, and I
don't understand why it would work the first time, but not the subsequent
times.

Clues please.

--
Regards...Martin