[K12OSN] (no subject)

John T. Leonard johnny at msad41.us
Sat Sep 2 16:40:14 UTC 2006

In trying to boot a G3 Ibook onto my K12LTSP server I get the following error
message...first time I've encountered this...can anyone shed some light on what
I've messed up?
TIA, John.

eth0: Full Duplex: 1, Speed: 100
Mounting root filesystem: /opt/ltsp/ppc from: 192.168.0.254
mount: 192.168.0.254:/opt/ltsp/ppc failed, reason given by server: Permission Denied
mount: nfsmount failed: Bad file descriptor
NFS: mount program didn't pass remote address!
mount: Mounting 192.168.0.254:/opt/ltsp/ppc on /mnt failed: Invalid argument

ERROR!  Failed to mount the root directory via NFS!
        Possible reasons include:
1) NFS services is not running on the server
2) Workstation IP does not map to a hostname, either in /etc/hosts, or in DNS
3) Wrong address for NFS server in the DHCP config file
4) Wrong pathname for root directory in the DHCP config file

John T. Leonard
Technology Coordinator
MSAD No. 41
Penquis Valley HS/MS