[K12OSN] Friggin' Firefox and K12LSP v5

bear2bar at netscape.net bear2bar at netscape.net
Wed Sep 6 03:21:48 UTC 2006

Hi David,

I've had the same problems and it is insane !!!! this was posted earlier
on and it might help...

Firefox has very aggressive page caching. That will consume RAM over
time. Each ta has a full page cache in history for fast navigation using
the back and forward buttons.

Try running a cron job that stops all firefox apps every night.

There was a thread here earlier about setting the cache to be much
smaller. I tested that and it didn't seem to make much of a difference.
It need to be applied to all users to gain benefits.

set browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers to "0" using the
about:config and then save the
~/.mozilla/firefox/default<stuff>/preferences.js file into the /etc/skel
directory for new users and push out to all existing users. Be sure
firefox is not running first.

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 12:41 -0400, bear2bar at netscape.net wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just upgraded to FC5 and find that after a couple of weeks the
> > system performance is very slow especially with firefox, any solution?
> >
> > thks
> > norbert

-- James P. Kinney III CEO & Director of Engineering Local Net
Solutions,LLC good luck norbert 770-493-8244
http://www.localnetsolutions.com GPG ID: 829C6CA7 James P. Kinney III
(M.S. Physics) <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> Fingerprint = 3C9E 6366
54FC A3FE BA4D 0659 6190 ADC3 829C 6CA7