[K12OSN] OT: Shutdown Linux from Windows?

Onatawahtaw onatawahtaw at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 6 04:17:29 UTC 2006

Thanks Doug and others!

While this is a very unique idea (one that I will
definately keep for future reference) it also requires
that I have a dedicated windows computer that needs to
be on all the time. I do not have a dedicated windows
computer. Though, even if I did if it were to ever
crash (ok not very likely with a MS system) ;) that
would mean all the students would lose what they are
working on as theirs will shut down.

Perhaps sending a shutdown command through ssh would
be ideal. Though I'd have to figure out how to script
it.

Cool idea though Doug. I like it!

God bless,

-Kevin