[K12OSN] Pirut and proxy

mikko.jordman at edu.vantaa.fi mikko.jordman at edu.vantaa.fi
Wed Sep 6 10:43:04 UTC 2006

Hello!
I'm not sure if this proglem is already solved, but atleast I'm confused.

So: Pirut is the most convinient way to add programs, works beautifully on
my home server. Yum is okay, but for example installing xfce with yum is
not so simple (or is it?)

At school we are behind proxy and pirut dos not work. Yum works with right
settings; pirut not.
I found a way to solve this with uncommenting baseurls and commenting
mirrors (http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-101955.html)

This is maybe a working way but should it really be done this way? And if
so, what should there with K12-urls, there is no baseurl-line?

As you can see, I'm a little bit out of this all.

Yours,
mikkoj