[K12OSN] automounting AD home dirs

Justin Paulsen paulsenj at frederic.k12.wi.us
Wed Sep 6 15:58:37 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I need a way to automount user home dirs when they login to the ltsp
client.  The home dir I want to mount is there Active Directory home,
currently they login to the ltsp as their AD user and get authenticated by
AD.  What I need to do is be able to use the home dir that is set in their
AD profile.  Its been hinted that pam_mount and nss can be used to do this
but I have had no luck with it.  The user home dirs are not all in the same
location (for security and orginizational reasons) and this seems to be the
complicator.

Has anyone done this and if so how?

Thanks,

Justin Paulsen