[K12OSN] smbldap disable group?

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 17:05:37 UTC 2006

Certainly.  We are pre-K through 8th grade.  I have generic accounts
named "a" through "gg" all with the same password so that the teacher
can easily log in a class to play Gcompris etc.  (we start with
passwords in second grade) However, whenever an older child loses
their password the teacher kindly gives out the generic account
password.  A bunch of crap has accumulated in the home folders of
those accounts as a result.  I have spent some time customizing them
so I don't want to delete them.  Another effect of this is that their
a re students that I believe have NEVER used their accounts. I
understand this is a problem between the computer teacher and myself.
I think we have a solution which is to create some disposable accounts
that we will only use for the first month of th year and then delete.
But I'd like to protect the youngens group accounts by only allowing
access during their allotted time.  Aren't you glad you asked?

Peter