[K12OSN] Re: HELP SERVER FROZEN

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Fri Sep 8 00:20:59 UTC 2006

"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>I can ssh into the server if that is helpfu

If you can ssh in, then you can fix ldap.  If you have a relatively recent
version of smbldap-installer installed then you can find your backups here
at   /var/smbldap-backups    Look for the most recent date

To fix the corrupt ldap:

service ldap stop   (just to be sure)

cd /var/lib/ldap

rm -Rf *    (clean that sucker out)

slapadd -l /var/smbldap-backups/latest-file.ldif

(wait for a few secs and hold your breath)

Once it's done....

cd /var/lib/ldap

chown -R ldap:ldap *

then start 'er up!

service ldap start

and if I were you...also restart smb and nscd (if you use it)

Now beyond that, you may have other issues, but that's the start....keep
us posted

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School