[K12OSN] OT: still have sluggish system

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Tue Sep 12 19:17:14 UTC 2006

>wireshark/ethereal can also help you diagnose network issues.  Run it on
>the server against the LTSP interface and then see if some service is
>sending a huge number of packets back and forth.

Been looking at this, (and also using nmap), but not seeing an obvious culprit yet.  have noticed lots and lots warnings about packets that are 'too long', but have not been able to determine the source of them. (see earlier message with sample of these).   The interface I need to look at is the one connecting all the servers. They are all connected on a single gigabit switch.  I don't see the traffic on the ltsp side.