[K12OSN] nfs /home; i815 and t5000 booting problems

mikko.jordman at edu.vantaa.fi mikko.jordman at edu.vantaa.fi
Tue Sep 12 20:47:42 UTC 2006

Hi,
I have now two working servers in one building, with local /home and users. They
have both their own lans they serve. I would like to make it possible for
everyone to use every clint in the building.

I read the instructions on nfs /home, but because of getting wan-ip from dhcp
I'm not sure what to do. How should I conf the servers? If I got it right, the
normal way is to have static ip:s and separate nfs-server or nfs /home on
either of the servers. Is this right?

I did also read the load-balancing wiki; interesting, but with one nic. I would
like to keep clients in, not out.

Is there anything I can do and anything I could read to learn something more?

regards, mikkoj

P.S. Also have problems with i815 clients AND t5000 clients. I got the t5000's
working with the old kernel. i815 are not working. If I put the X_VIDEORAM=4096
in lts.conf, can it be for all clients or specified only to i815 ones? t5000's
have some problems with XSERVER=AUT=, they work with =VESA. Is this ok for i815
also?