[K12OSN] TuxType screen resolutions

Lance Jahnig jahnigl at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 21:00:57 UTC 2006

>From: Nathan Shaffer <nathan at grandvache.com>
>To: k12osn at redhat.com
>Subject: [K12OSN] TuxType screen resolutions
>Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:41:07 -0700
>
>We're running ltsp 5.0.  Running TuxType2 that was packaged with the
>system loads and runs fine with the exception that the flat screen
>monitors all get an "out of range" error message when it changes
>resoultion.   Does anyone know a way to either change the resolution  for
>TuxType or how to tell TuxType to load in a window instead of  full screen
>mode (I have set programs to load in window mode before,  just can't
>remember how to do it)
>
>Thanks,
>Nathan Shaffer
>nshaffer at sja.pvt.k12.or.us

edit /usr/share/applications/tuxtype.desktop and add -w to the Exec line

[Desktop Entry]
Name=tuxtype
Comment=tuxtype
Name[en_US.ISO8859-1]=tuxtype
Comment[en_US.ISO8859-1]=tuxtype
Exec=/usr/bin/tuxtype2 -w
Icon=/usr/share/tuxtype2/data/images/tux/run1.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Encoding=UTF-8
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.2
Categories=Application;Education;X-Red-Hat-Base;