[K12OSN] SSHFS and RSA keys

Bert Rolston bert.rolston at clear.net.nz
Thu Sep 14 02:28:17 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

Thanks for your input.

I've got permissions sorted on the server so that Linux and Windows
clients behave the way I want.

I generated the rsa keys as per the following article
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8904

I've run the suggested test from the article to see if the keys work.
BUT WAIT, I still have to type in my password!?!?!?!?!?
Should I have entered a passphrase when creating the keys?

I've created the key on the server and copied the public to my machine
(/home/bert/.ssh/Authorized_keys). No joy.

I've created the key on my machine and copied the public key to my
server (/home/bert/.ssh/Authorized_keys), No joy.

I have a little script which I can run from the desktop which creates
the appropriate connections without any problem.

This isn't a biggy, but it would be nice to have it fully automated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Bert