[K12OSN] disklessworkstations.com

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 19:54:18 UTC 2006

On Saturday 16 September 2006 12:00, k12osn-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Message: 19
> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:35:50 -0500
> From: Ray Garza <rgarza28 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] disklessworkstations.com
> To: "Support list for open source software in schools."
>         <k12osn at redhat.com>

> > It says "Multimedia ports" so I would assume so.  In the PDF document it
> > says the 6020s have line-in, line-out and microphone.
>
> I was looking at the accessories for those workstations and I noticed a CF
> adapter for the IDE port. How would that be usefull for the user?
>
> Ray

This isn't for the end user, it is to allow you to boot from a solid-state
(Compact Flash "CF") disk drive. This would make the diskless terminal into a
stand-alone terminal similar to their NTA 6020A product.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |