[K12OSN] XF86CONFIG_FILE =

pogson robert.pogson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 23:58:08 UTC 2006

I am trying to get MultiSeat X configured with a thin client but I
haven't been able to get the XF86CONFIG_FILE parameter to work.

In /opt/ltsp-4.2/i386/etc/lts.conf.readme I see

        #  XF86CONFIG_FILE
        #     If you want to create your own complete XF86Config file,
        you can do so
        #     and place it in the /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot/etc directory.
        Then, whatever
        #     you decide to call it needs to be entered as a value for
        this
        #     configuration variable.  For example:
        #
        #        XF86CONFIG_FILE = XF86Config.ws004
        #

but when I put  this in lts.conf,

        [00:15:f2:45:cb:21]XF86CONFIG_FILE = MultiSeatXorg.conf

The script does not seem to pick up the parameter:

               echo 888888888 ${XF86CONFIG_FILE}
              echo "looking for config file"
               sleep 7s
        if [ ! -z "${XF86CONFIG_FILE}" ]; then
            reg_info XF86CONFIG_FILE
            #
            # If XF86CONFIG_FILE is defined in the lts.conf file, then
            # it points to an XF86Config file that is pre-made for a
        workstation
I get nothing in my debug output line and I get only the default config
file on the client. Do I need to hack the ltsp cfg process?