[K12OSN] Digital Bulletin Boards

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Sep 21 15:12:21 UTC 2006

I'd like to create a digital bulletin board system to several buildings.
This would mean that several bulletin boards around campus would be
replaced with screens and information would be on these screens gathered
from a central location. The data could be changed in one place and be
shared without requiring a reboot or re-opening a file.

I want it to be as stable and simple as possible. I don't want to use
presentation software like PowerPoint or OOPresenter. What kind of
hardware and software would I need for something like this?

Something like this would be nice:
http://www.vbrick.com/images/EtherneTV-MDS-network-drawing.pdf but it
would be opening a file and include proprietary parts. I imagine a
solution like a screensaver that pulls random pictures from a central
location, but doesn't buffer them so that it would pull pictures (our
slides) that were added without any interaction with the device running
the screens or drop them as soon as they are deleted from the central
location.

I'm wondering what you guys may be doing or thinking about related to
this of if you'd just like to chime in a cool idea. I'm curious.

Thanks,

JSR/

Josiah S. Ritchie

System and Database Administrators

P: 301-552-1400 ext 1241|F: 301-552-2775

D: 240-387-1241

Washington Bible College/Capital Bible Seminary

6511 Princess Garden Parkway | Lanham, MD 20706

www.bible.edu <http://www.bible.edu/>