[K12OSN] How do I revert to previous version of LTSP 4.2

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Sep 22 19:33:07 UTC 2006

dmarkovich at drmcs.com wrote:
> How do I remove the update to go to pre 4.2.3c
>
> I would rather have double floppy icons then no sound on the clients, teachers
> are getting very irritated, they want sound back.
>
> I probably will have to do a full wipe and install on the applications server.
>

> Help

This is actually pretty easy, you won't need to do a full reinstall. The
configuration files are now in a separate package, so you can just
remove the test ltsp_i386 package and reinstall the current one:

	rpm -e --nodeps ltsp_i386
	yum install ltsp_i386

About the only thing to look out for is that I'm not sure what will
happen if you do this while people are using terminals... you might want
to kick every one off first ;-)

-Eric