[K12OSN] tuxtype superslow on 12 gig ram server -K12LTSP

Jim Kathan tkathan at charter.net
Wed Sep 27 06:47:42 UTC 2006

I have a dual core Pentium 3, 12 gigs of ram, super fast HDD with tons of
space, and when 20 thin clients with 128 mb of onboard ram are all running
things like tuxtype, khangman, etc. they run unbearably slow, to the point
that the screen takes literally 5 to 6 seconds to refresh. Its like the game
is on pause every other second. Does this sound right?

In my lts.conf, I have "enable_nbd_swap = Y", xramperc = 90 (I also put it
to 95, no difference), and tried it with both "Local APPS = Y" and "N".