[K12OSN] LTSP 5 and i810 video

Henry Connor hconnormt at columbus.k12.mt.us
Fri Sep 29 21:37:08 UTC 2006

I had a machine that I set up version 5 on. It previously ran v4.4.1.
At some point in time the earlier version borked and I couldn't do a
root login, even from the server. I installed v 5.0.0 and have not
been able to get my i810 clients to load an xserver. I've looked at
the lts.conf file and it looks like it should be there. From this
list, I've garnered that the i810 modules are statically linked to
the kernel, but I still get a failure to load an x server on the client.

I have other boxes with ati cards that seem to work just fine.
However, the bulk of my client computers have Intel 810EAL boards and
I'd like to get those to work. I'm working on pulling up another
server to the v 4.4.1 which works with i810 clients, but am still
working out the kinks to get it integrated back into the ADS domain
for single sign on.

I hope someone can offer some other suggestions about getting the
i810 clients loaded on v 5.0.0
kernel: 2.6.17-1.2187_FC5

athlon processor approx 1100 MHz
Ram 1.5 GB