[K12OSN] > favorite place to buy parts (online) (Ray Garza)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Fri Sep 29 23:13:42 UTC 2006

> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:16:54 -0500
> From: Ray Garza <ray at mission.lib.tx.us>
> Subject: [K12OSN] favorite place to buy parts (online)
>
> When I buy computer parts online I usually go to newegg.com. I was wondering
> where everyone else goes for their parts for a general PC and for Server
> quality parts.

I almost always go to mwave.com. They sell enlight ATX cases, which
I really like for fat-clients; I haven't bought any case other than
the enlight en-72500 (or whatever the current model is) for
years...but I don't buy servers, like most of you do. But if you want
a PC case, that's a good one to get, 'cuz everything snaps apart and
together, it's solid, and optical drive installation is screwless.

Also, the rest of their prices are competitive and I've been satisfied
with their service.

I've also bought from newegg and they were fine (though the quality of
shipping and final product hasn't always been consistent) and I've
also bought from zipzoomfly, though I'm currently a claimant in their
multi-year lawsuit against Soyo for failing to fulfill rebate
obligations ($220 in my case).

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/